Hello friends, Erik here with some exciting news for all you potential MaxFunCon East attendees: This year we are able to offer two different scholarships for the event!
Scholarships will be awarded to two individuals who have a strong desire to attend but are financially unable to do so.
The first scholarship is what we're calling "The Full Ride." This will cover the full cost of attendance including round trip (coach) airfare, as well as event accommodations, food, drink, and all MaxFunCon activities at the Inn at Pocono Manor.
The second, we're calling "The Free Ticket." It does not cover airfare, but still covers the cost of your MaxFunCon ticket, accommodations, food, drink and activities.
In order to apply for these scholarships, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You have significant financial need. Specifically, it would be difficult or impossible for you to attend MaxFunCon East if you did not receive a scholarship.
- You will be able to participate in the entire weekend-long conference. MaxFunCon begins at 4 PM on Friday, September 2nd and ends at 1 PM on Sunday, September 4th.
- In the case of "The Free Ticket" scholarship, you are able to arrange your own transportation to and from Pocono Manor to attend MaxFunCon East.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, send a short essay telling us a bit about yourself. Explain why you want to go to MaxFunCon. In particular, please describe your creative aspirations and how attending MaxFunCon East might help you with your future projects. Essay instructions are as follows:
- Email your essay to email@example.com
- In the subject line of your email, please write "MaxFunCon East Scholarship"
- The essay should be included both as an attachment to your email in Microsoft Word format (or link to a Google Doc) and in the body of the email.
- The essay must be no longer than 300 words. Essays longer than 300 words will not be read or considered.
- Please include your phone number in the body of the email so that we can call you if needed.
Creativity is always appreciated, but please make sure your essay conforms to all the requirements outlined above in order to be considered.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is THURSDAY, JULY 21.
- We hope to select and notify the two recipients no later than THURSDAY, JULY 28.
A huge thank you to all the awesome MaxFunCon attendees who contributed to the Scholarship Fund!