|Photo by Lecky Photography; Enhancements by MaxFun|
We are thrilled to offer two full scholarships to MaxFunCon 2014! Scholarships will be awarded to two individuals who have a strong desire to attend but are financially unable to do so. Each scholarship will cover the full cost of attendance, which includes accommodations, food, and all MaxFunCon activities in Lake Arrowhead.
In order to apply for a scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You have significant financial need. Specifically, it would be difficult or impossible for you to attend MaxFunCon 2014 if you did not receive a scholarship.
- You are able to arrange your own transportation to and from Lake Arrowhead to attend MaxFunCon 2014.
- You will be able to participate in the entire weekend-long conference. MaxFunCon begins at 4 PM on Friday, May 30th and ends at 1 PM on Sunday, June 1st.
you are interested in applying for a scholarship, send a short essay
telling us a bit about yourself. Explain why you want to go to
MaxFunCon and why you need the scholarship. In particular, please
describe your creative aspirations and how attending MaxFunCon 2014
might help you with your future projects. Essay instructions are as
- Email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line of your email, please write "MaxFunCon Scholarship"
- The essay should be included both as an attachment to your email in Microsoft Word format, and in the body of the email.
- The essay must be no longer than 300 words. Essays longer than 300 words will not be read or considered.
- Please include your phone number in the body of the email so that we can call you if needed.
is always appreciated, but please make sure your essay conforms to all
the requirements outlined above in order to be considered.
respect to financial need, in the initial application stage we are not
requiring any supporting documentation (like bank statements or tax
returns). Even so, you should be able to provide evidence to support any
assertions you make in your essay about your financial circumstances.
We may need to request supporting documentation once we start narrowing
down the applications.
The deadline for scholarship applications is FRIDAY, MARCH 28TH
We hope to select and notify the two recipients no later than Friday, April 4th.
A huge thank you to all the awesome MaxFunCon attendees who contributed to the Scholarship Fund and the generous contribution of Will Graham!