Hi friends! We are so excited to announce that we have a scholarship available for MaxFunCon 2018! Thank you so much to all of the generous attendees who contributed to the scholarship fund and made this possible!
The scholarship will be awarded to one individual who has a strong desire to attend MaxFunCon but is financially unable to do so. It will cover the cost of your MaxFunCon ticket, accommodations, food, drink, and activities -- but it will not cover airfare or travel to and from the event.
In order to apply for this scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You have significant financial need. Specifically, it would be difficult or impossible for you to attend MaxFunCon if you did not receive a scholarship.
- You will be able to participate in the entire weekend-long conference. MaxFunCon begins at 4 PM on Friday, June 8 and ends at 1 PM on Sunday, June 10.
- You are able to arrange your own transportation to and from Lake Arrowhead, CA to attend MaxFunCon.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please send a short essay telling us a bit about yourself and explaining why you want to go to MaxFunCon. In particular, please describe your creative aspirations and how attending MaxFunCon might help you with your future projects. Essay instructions are as follows:
- Email your essay to email@example.com.
- In the subject line of your email, please write "MaxFunCon Scholarship"
- The essay should be included both as an attachment to your email in Microsoft Word format (or link to a Google Doc) and in the body of the email.
- The essay must be no longer than 300 words. Essays longer than 300 words will not be read or considered.
- Please include your phone number in the body of the email so that we can call you if needed.
Creativity is always appreciated, but please make sure your essay conforms to all the requirements outlined above in order to be considered.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is MONDAY, APRIL 30.
- We hope to select and notify the recipient no later than THURSDAY, MAY 3.
Thank you again to all the wonderful MaxFunCon attendees who contributed to the Scholarship Fund! And good luck to all applicants!