Scholarships Available for MaxFunCon East - Apply Now!
We are thrilled to offer two full scholarships to MaxFunCon East 2012! Scholarships will be awarded to two individuals who have a strong desire to attend but are financially unable to do so. Each scholarship will cover the full cost of attendance, which includes accommodations, food, and all MaxFunCon activities in the Poconos.
In order to apply for a scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You have significant financial need. Specifically, it would be difficult or impossible for you to attend MaxFunCon East 2012 if you did not receive a scholarship.
- You are able to arrange your own transportation to and from the Poconos to attend MaxFunCon East 2012.
- You will be able to participate in the entire weekend-long conference. MaxFunCon begins at 4 PM on Friday, October 26th and ends at 1 PM on Sunday, October 28th.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, send a short essay telling us a bit about yourself. Explain why you want to go to MaxFunCon East and why you need the scholarship. In particular, please describe your creative aspirations and how attending MaxFunCon East might help you with your future projects. Essay instructions are as follows:
- Email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line of your email, please write “MaxFunCon Scholarship.”
- The essay should be included both as an attachment to your email in Microsoft Word format, and in the body of the email.
- The essay must be no longer than 300 words. Essays longer than 300 words will not be read or considered.
- Please include your phone number in the body of the email so that we can call you if needed.
Creativity is always appreciated, but please make sure your essay conforms to all the requirements outlined above in order to be considered.
With respect to financial need, in the initial application stage we are not requiring any supporting documentation (like bank statements or tax returns). Even so, you should be able to provide evidence to support any assertions you make in your essay about your financial circumstances. We may need to request supporting documentation once we start narrowing down the applications.
The deadline for scholarship applications is Friday, September 7th.
We hope to select and notify the two recipients no later than Friday, September 14th.
A huge thank you to Rebecca O'Malley for making these scholarships possible!